Dates: Tuesday 14th April - Saturday 18th April 2020
10am – 5pm each day
Venue: Chalkwell Hall (in Chalkwell Park)
Chalkwell Avenue, Southend SS0 8NB.
SoSlam are working with Metal to run a Culture LAB for young singer / songwriters from across the Borough of Southend-on-Sea.
Up to 14 young musicians who create their own original material will be given the opportunity to work with each other alongside industry professionals for 5 days at Chalkwell Hall in Chalkwell Park.
Over the 5 days you will get the chance to play existing work, workshop with producers, musicians and promoters, and have the time to experiment with different ways of creating and writing new music for live performance and studio recording.
The week will include:-
- Vocal coaching - Performance technique (on stage and on video) - working in a recording studio - improv / jam sessions - writing new material - learning alongside peer group.
Benefits to young songwriters / musicians:
- Working together with other like minded young people
- Support network of peers
- Input from professionals
- Opportunity to learn new skills
- Inspiration for new ideas
- Opportunity for experience (recorded and live)
Criteria for Application:-
This opportunity is aimed at young people who are:
- aged between 12 - 18 years.
- creating their own original material
- living in the Borough of Southend-on-Sea
How to Apply:
- Complete the simple application form (below)
- The form asks you to please write 150 words on how you think a LAB like this will help you as a musician / songwriter / performer
- The form asks you to send links of examples of your songs / performance to date if available (live gig filmed? / soundcloud / youtube / or other)
- Signed permission from a parent / guardian will be required from those under the age of 16.
Deadline for submission:
Application Deadline: Monday 2nd March 2020
Successful musicians notified: by Monday 9th March 2020
Criteria for Selection:
Representatives from Soslam and Metal will select the winners based on:-
- Potential and promise shown
- Enthusiasm for what the opportunity offers you
- Availability to take part for all 5 days
Other Key Dates:
- All selected musicians MUST be able to attend every day
For more information:
firstname.lastname@example.org / 01702 470700