Before you submit, please double-check that your written submission meets the following requirements:
- Written works (articles, essays, poetry, etc.) must be submitted in a file that ends in .doc or .docx. We cannot accept a .pdf file.
- Name the file based on your proposed title.
- At the top of the document, please include:
- Proposed title
- Author first and last name
- Author city, state
- Written works must fit within our word limit. Most articles are limited to a 400-word maximum. We may consider one tightly worded submission of up to 800 words per issue.
- Files that do not meet our requirements will not be considered for publication.
NOTE: La Concha reserves the right to edit written submissions, proposed titles, and photo captions as standard publication practice. We follow a thorough, multi-phase process where copy editors and proofreaders review each submission for reader ease and understanding, spelling, grammar, punctuation, factual accuracy, adherence to our style guide, word limits, etc. If we have questions about a creative work that we are unable to resolve among our editorial team through our standard process, we may contact the submitter for clarification. Depending on the time needed to sufficiently resolve and how close we are to publication deadline, we may opt to hold the piece for a later issue of La Concha.